How to go on spaceship races
Ready, Get set, GO!
How do Races work?
You can stake Spaceships into races to earn rewards. A player's spaceship, when staked into a race, is automatically enrolled into 1) it's local race (based on rarity tier), and 2) global race
Spaceships are staked into local races based on their rarity tier, but are also concurrently participating into a global race, where all rarity tiers of spaceships compete for prizes.
Local races are tied to the rarity of your spaceship. Only rare spaceships can be staked into rare races, and common spaceships into common races.
Thus, rare spaceships will fight in speed for a share of rewards and not have an unfair advantage over common spaceships in the local races
The local races are as such:
Global races are where things get interesting. All spaceships are automatically staked into the global race regardless of their rarity
What does that mean? It means a free-for-all open competition amongst all spaceships. The rarest and most upgraded spaceships hold the advantage in global races - it is meant for the speed demons amongst us to win and dominate.
Each race is allocated Stardust and Gold which are constantly earned while your spaceship(s) is staked in the race. Once you unstake all your spaceships from a race, you stop earning rewards.
Reward rates are not fixed and may be seasonally adjusted.
Rewards earned are based on the tier of the race you're in and calculated as a proportion of your total spaceship speed in the race as compared to the overall speed of all spaceships in the race.
Rewards calculation example:
- Common Race gets allocated 20 Gold and 80 Stardust per second of rewards
- User A has common spaceships that have a total of 100 speed
- The common race has 15 spaceships, totalling up to 1000 speed (including user A)
- User A will earn 100/1000 = 10% of all common race rewards
- User A therefore earns 2 Gold and 8 Stardust per second - assuming no one upgrades, stakes or unstakes their spaceships
Thus, if you have a higher-speed spaceship, you:
- Earn more prizes from your local race
- Earn more prizes from the global race
Global races take the overall speed of ALL your staked spaceships and work in the same mechanism as local races as described above.
If you have a total speed of 100 in the common race, 1000 in the uncommon race, and 120 in the rare race, your Global race speed is 100+1000+120 = 1220
A rarer and more upgraded spaceship gives you a significant advantage and more rewards over other players in the local and global races
Argonauts can be staked into each of the local races to increase the total speed of your spaceships in each local race.
- Argonauts can only be staked into Common, Uncommon, and Rare local races, not global race.
- Each race can only hold up to 5 argonauts
- Argonauts staked into a common race will only boost the speed of the common spaceships, not other local races
Thus with the math, you can stake a grand total of 15 argonauts across all races.
- Common Race gets allocated 20 Gold and 80 Stardust per second
- User A has common spaceships that have a total of 100 speed, and has 5 argonauts staked in the common race
- User A total speed is now 100 * 1.5 = 150 total speed
- The common race has a total of 1050 speed (including user A's new speed)
- User A will earn 150/1050 = 14.2% of all common race rewards
- User A therefore earns 2.84 Gold and 11.36 Stardust per second - assuming no one upgrades, stakes or unstakes their spaceships / Argonauts
Visit the Spaceships racing page under Exploration
select the race you'd like to be in
Approve spaceships by clicking on approve and signing a transaction
Select the spaceships you wish to race from your inventory and click stake
You'll be given a chance to review your new race speed befre clicking confirm.